Does your Adobe Acrobat/Reader always print on your Xerox Phaser 8550 (or other Xerox) with half-size output locked into landscape even when you force orientation to portrait? An illustration will explain the problem better:
It appears that this is a legacy driver problem. Here is the fix I used:
- Goto Devices and Printers → remove the offending Xerox printer!
- Goto the Xerox website → download the Xerox Global Print Driver (dated 9-Nov-2012 at the time of writing). Make sure it is WHQL certified.
- Select Install from Web.
- Delete the old drivers → highlight another printer → click Printer server properties at the top of the Control Panel window
- Click Drivers → highlight your Xerox driver(s) → click Remove → select Remove driver and driver package.
- Run the set-up program (in my case Setup.5.273.23.2.exe).
- The set-up program should detect your printer which you should then select and click Next.
- Select your required option(s) and click Install (I chose Postscript).
Thank you to those who took the trouble to post their solution in the Adobe Community.